Flashback Friday: 7 things


I’ve seen this thing on Facebook on the 7 things you didn’t know about me. I thought about posting it as a status but considered a blog post might be a better outlet for me. I thought flashback Friday would be the best day to write as this would definitely make me nostalgic. I think there is a lot people don’t know about me as I tend to hold back, but now I’m writing a blog more of my life is public. This is a perfect way to connect with my readers. 

      1)      This year I applied for the Galway Rose (The Galway competition of the International Rose of Tralee Festival) on the recommendation of a friend of mine. I feel as though I have an unfair competitive advantage though, considering I am a former rose. Well, not of the Rose of Tralee mind, but the Rose of Tooreeny. Tooreeny was my primary school and when I was 10 they had a mock Rose of Tralee competition and I won. My party piece was a poem about mice… please see link below. Part me feels as though it was a pity win but I still have the sash at home.


       No lie it was this exact poem.

     2)      When I was in 1st year in school I won an award for not missing a day of school. I            also won a maths competition and went on to compete in NUIG. 5 years on in                   Leaving cert I won Mostly Likely to be Famous. I’m really not sure if I was deserving           of any.

     3)      I lived in Germany for 6 months on an Erasmus programme in 3rd year of college.        It was one of the best experiences of my life. I shared a room with a Spanish girl. She        thought me the difference between Bale (“ok”) and Dale (“do it” – commonly heard in      Pitbull songs). I thought her the word clothes-horse.








     4)      I’ve never broken a bone but I have 2 scars. One on my wrist (reference my Halloween Howl post). I fell on black ice when I was 12. I was brought to the hospital and when I got there I got sick. I was so embarrassed I didn’t tell anyone. Little did I know I had a concussion.

     5)      I’m afraid of heights. I don’t mind flying but on holiday in Karkow I went on a hot air balloon. I really believed I was going to die. I didn’t but it’s an irrational fear.

     6)      I hate onions.

Image source : http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/

     7)      Something I very rarely reveal about myself to anyone is my middle name. I’m not particularly a fan of the name. My friends convinced me to add this. Philomena, it’s Philomena.

So there you have it, 7 things you may or may not have known about me.
Thanks for reading! MOD X