I know the title does say whinge, but I'm too positive to whinge today. I got a fantastic email last night to say The MOD's Blog had be long-listed (not the opposite of short-list, just the stage before it) for The Irish Blog Awards. I am so honored to even be considered and it meant the poor judges had to trowel through the miles of drivel that I subject my followers to. LOL. I was long-listed in the categories Best Entertainment Blog and Best Lifestyle Blog. I must admit I'm so happy to be in these categories, it's exactly where I see the blog, but it made me think, MAYBE there are other categories I could explore, like beauty....
I guess since a young age I've worn make-up. Sure it was robbed from my sister and ya I looked like a clown but it was my own look.
When it comes to cosmetics a bit of the the auld Oil of Olay robbed (ok I was not a kleptomaniac, I need to just get that out there) from mom, that was the height of it. So I'm by no means an expert but I think I could definitely do with a list of what I think are the essential beauty basics of every Irish girl.
- Sudocream - perfect for spots or imperfections, minor burns. Legend has it if you are suffering major emotional upheaval (such as relationship ending or the realization that you weren't actually on a diet you were actually just broke) you rub it all over your face and sit in the dark for 3 days you're cured.
- Baby oil - whether you get your tan from the bog or a week in Malaga, you do anything to maintain it for as long as possible. The mighty household name Johnson's Baby Oil is the perfect addition to your beauty fundamentals leaving you looking slightly like a sea-lion, but keeping your bronzed skin for longer.
- Sally Hansen - so for the majority of Irish skin that doesn't see that giant red thing in the sky there is hope. Loathed by men and mammies this self tan is ideal for giving you a radiant glow all year round, even when it's not expected, like Christmas Day.
- MAC - Just MAC, anything MAC, even the tiny little toppers for eyeliner must be MAC. I don't know why really. It's a fantastic brand and great quality but I did perfectly fine for years with just a bit if Rimmel eyeliner.
- Face wipes - well if all else fails at the end of the day you can just scrub it off with a baby wipe marketed as a Cleansing Facial Wipes for Sensitive Skin.
Thanks for reading,
MOD :) X