WHINGE WEDNESDAY : A Father's Fashion Fix

I rarely do a fashion post, in fact I don't think I ever have. It's not that I'm not into fashion,I wear clothes and I'm female it's only natural I would like fashion but writing about it, it's not my strong point. I have a lot of people in my life who have much stronger opinions about my dress sense, namely my father. 

I like to follow the latest trends, according to Instagram and my friends, but dad doesn't seem to always agree with my modern mode. I suppose he's more about functionality and practicality rather than how it looks. I imagine it's a parent thing, maybe it's a generational thing. Sure, I know he likes to annoy me but sometimes I'm not quite sure if he is joking.

Here are some examples and how that conversation went...

The Fur Scarf 

                                         What I wore                                    

                                          What He Sees

Dad: "What is that?"
Me: "It's a fur scarf."
Dad: "Is it a dead badger?"
Me: "No dad it's fake."
Dad: "We used to have a thing like that for keeping the draught out from under the door."
Me:"Are you thinking of a draught excluder?"
Dad: "Ya, that's exactly what it looks like."

The Over the Knee Boots


                                            What I wore                                      


                                                               What He Sees

Dad : "I used to have boots just like those years ago."
Me: "Oh ya..." *anticipate smart comment
Dad: "Ya, for cleaning the drains."

The Beanie Hat


                                           What I wore                                       

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
                                                              What He Sees

Dad : "Did you sleep rough last night?" 
Me: *Walks away...

The New Kicks

                                          What I wore                                      


                                                              What He Sees

Dad: "New runners?"
Me: "Ya, cool aren't they?"
Dad: "What do you need runners for?"
Me: "Well just for casual wear like."
Dad: "The only thing you run from is responsibility and you could do that in normal shoes not over priced plastic."

These are just some of the enlightening insights into my attire. I wouldn't change my style, but it certainly keeps me well entertained, but I hope it's not as hilarious for all of you as it is for my father.  

Thanks for reading. 
MOD :) x